Action Commands - Selection
| Say This | To Insert This | Action |
|---|---|---|
| select all | Select all | |
| paste that | Paste from clipboard | |
| cut that | Cut selected text to clipboard | |
| copy that | Copy selected text to clipboard | |
| delete that | Delete selected text | |
| bold that | Bold selected text | |
| italic that | Italicize selected text | |
| underline that | Underline selected text | |
| strike that | Strike selected text | |
| indent that | Indent selected text | |
| outdent that | Outdent selected text |
So I don’t seem to be able to do ANY of these. Is there a video demonstration of this I could watch that might clear up what I’m doing wrong? I tried saying select all before what I wanted to select, and after dictating a line but it selects nothing. If I select text with my mouse and try to us the command it just replaces the text selected with the command.
Example:
I love you (I highlight it with my mouse, say bold that)
Bold that (replaces I love you)
In particular if I’m doing something wrong I’m open to creating custom shortcuts like the Caps on, caps off, but for bold on, bold off, underline on, underline off, italic on, italic off, if someone can show me how to do it that way, what I’d have to type in the SAY THIS box and the TO INSERT THIS box.